Jade Helm 15 Mastering the Human Domain
Those of you that have been paying attention to the mainstream media may or may not have heard any reporting in regards to Jade Helm 15. It appears that only the alternative media is willing to touch upon this topic and subject.
What is Jade Helm 15?
On December 8, 2014, the Goliad County Commissioners Court approved a request from the U.S. Army Special Operations Command to conduct military exercises in the county. The individual who presented the military operation is a military contractor who now has the role of Operations Planner, Thomas Mead.
On March 24, 2015, USASOC issued a press release alerting the public about the multi-state military operation, Jade Helm 15. The press statement stated that the exercise would be taking place on pre-coordinated public and private lands with permission from the landowners. The military operation will last for eight weeks in duration. They are stating that it is routine training to maintain a high level of readiness for Army Special Operations Forces (ARSOF).
The U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) will be conducting a military exercise that they are calling RMT or Realistic Military Training. The military operation (Jade Helm) will be conducted in the following states; California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. This operation will run from July 15 to Sept. 15.
On April 20, 2015 Special Operations Command issued an updated press release about the upcoming military exercise. The military added the states of Mississippi, Louisiana and Florida. The press release stated that the ARSOF soldiers will use this opportunity to further develop Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for emerging concepts in Special Operations warfare.
In the December 8, 2014 news article from Coy Slavik, Advanced Guard Editor had reported the comments from Mead. The military contractor Mead, stated additional information about the military operation that was going to take place. “We have Army Green Berets, Navy Seals, Marine Special Operations Command, the 82nd Airborne Division and we also have some of our interagency partners such as the DEA, FBI and the joint personnel recovery agency that will be working with us.”
As I read the Mead comments to the news editor a few questions arose in my mind. When Mead mentioned Joint Personnel Recovery Agency (JPRA) I began to wonder if the military operation would have a scenario where a Special Forces soldier is captured, such as a prisoner of war type of scenario. Mead stated that the FBI would assist by asking questions at an airport in Arizona. However, there has been no information on what role the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) would be doing for Jade Helm.
The Special Forces soldiers will be carrying weapons with blank ammunition and wearing civilian clothes and driving vehicles. There will be costs to this proposed exercise. Supposedly, the only monetary impact to the county will be in the cost of $150,000 to cover the soldiers purchase of food and fuel and any stays at local hotels.
What is Realistic Military Training
Realistic Military Training (RMT) is training conducted outside of federally owned property. The RMT process is designed to ensure proper coordination between DoD (Department of Defense) representatives and local and regional authorities.
The process includes the following measures:
– Risk Assessment, Medical and Communications Plans
– MOU, MOA and Licensing Agreements (training areas, staging areas, role players)
– Legal Review
– ID of training, staging areas, role players, airfield, drop zones (DZ) and Landing Zones (LZ) surveys
– Letters of Invitations obtained from local officials (Mayor, County Commission)
– Coordinate with local, state and federal law enforcement
– Public Affairs Review
What is Jade Helm?
JH (Jade Helm) is a challenging eight-week joint military and inter-agency (IA) Unconventional Warfare (UW) exercise conducted throughout Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado
JH is a U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) sponsored exercise to improve the Special Operations Forces UW capability as part of the National Security Strategy
– U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Green Berets)
– U.S. Navy Seals
– U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command
– USMC Marine Special Operations Command
– USMC Marine Expeditionary Units
– 82nd Airborne Division
– Interagency Partners
Exercise Location within Texas
– Bastrop, Smithville, Big Springs, Caddo Lake, Caldwell, Christoval, College Stateion, Dell City, Eldorado, Goliad, Junction, Leakey, Menard, Mountain Home, San Angelo, San Antonio and Victoria
The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) has conducted numerous exercises in Texas, because Texans are historically supported of efforts to prepare our soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors to fight the enemies of the United States.
To hone advanced skills, the military and Interagency require large areas of undeveloped land with low population densities with access to towns. The proposed areas offer the conditions conducive to quality training because of real obstacles to challenge Joint and IA personnel during planning and execution of their tasks. These challenges include:
– Operating outside the normal support mechanisms
– Adapting to unfamiliar terrain, social and economic conditions
– Operating in and around communities where anything out the ordinary will be spotted and reported (Locals are the first to notice something out of place)
– The opportunity to work with civilians to gain their trust and an understanding of the issues
Impact on the Area
- Over 1,200 service members will participate in JADE HELM 15 throughout Texas to include the training unit, operational support personnel, and opposing force personnel.
- Anticipate minimal physical impact on given area due to the large area of operations
- Funding identified for this portion of the exercise will go straight into the economy in the way of supplies, food, fuel, lodging, and services for exercise participants
- Estimated economic impact of JADE HELM is approximately$150,000.00 into the local economy
What to Expect
– Increased military presence
– Increased aircraft in the area at night
– May receive noise complaints
– Some individuals may conduct suspicious activities designed to prepare them for complex environments overseas
– Local LEO’s are fully aware of the exercise
– Local footprint will be 60-65 personnel
– Personnel may be carrying weapons with blank ammo
– Some participants will be wearing civilian attire and driving civilian vehicles
– Safety for civilians and exercise participants is our number one priority
– Daily communications between DOD and LEA
– Medics located with each element
– Coordination with Life Flight and local medical facilities
– Exercise Support Team with communications
– Clear marking of exercise participants / Use of key words to determine exercise participation
– Thorough Risk Mitigation Assessment
– Coordination with local residents (verbal and written)
– Fire conditions reviewed prior to each scenario
– Fire extinguisher and other equipment located at each site
– Public Affairs Office will make public announcement regarding exercise
Military contractor, Thomas Mead had previously presented a map showing the map of the southwestern United States. If you view the map below you will notice that there are states that are marked as hostile. The hostile states are as follows; Texas, Utah and an area in southern California. Years ago, back when I was in the military, we conducted military operations and never did we once announce or state on any map the actual names of the countries. They were always referred to as some random name or word representing a country. This was always top secret. This was done that way in order to avoid offending any foreign soldiers we were working with. It grabs ones attention to see a map being published by the U.S. Army stating that the state of Texas, Utah and southern California are hostile. Maybe only a combat veteran can relate to my thoughts on this.
As we’ve just discussed, the map of the southwest shows the southwestern states and describes Texas and Utah as being hostile. New Mexico is stated as uncertain and leaning towards hostile according to the legend on the map. On the map in the upper right corner you see Camp Shelby located in Mississippi.
On April 7, 2015, the City of Biloxi, Mississippi acting Mayor, Kenny Glavan approved and signed a resolution authorizing the SOCOM ground and Air Special Operations Forces to conduct operations in Biloxi. The military operation in Biloxi will start on August 1 – 8, at three locations. A closed school, closed Casino and Warehouse.
The locations for each location in the city of Biloxi are:
Beauvoir Elementary School, Closed School, 2003 Lawrence Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39531
Margaritaville Casino ,Closed Casino, 160 5th Street, Biloxi, MS 39530
Former Heinz Pet Food, Warehouse building, 185 8th Street, Biloxi, MS 39530
The military operation in the city of Biloxi, Mississippi will involve ground, aerial operation and maritime operations. The letter from the Jade Helm Operations Planner, Francisco Oquendo, Fort Bragg, N.C. has outlined that the military will be conducting an infiltration and extraction drill of 45-65 ground force. In the memo it describes that the military will be using ballistic and explosive breaching on pre-approved areas. Civilian military contractors will be on site to coordinate a walk through and survey the area before the operation begins.
At the present time, I’m not sure that I hold some of the same thoughts or views that many are expressing on the Internet, that this is the cause for the initiation of martial law. This may just be an exercise to get the public used to the military being in our backyards. However, In my opinion, the military has no business training off the federal installations that taxpayers provide and pay for. There are several training centers in the USA that the military could have easily trained on and successfully completed their so- called exercises. For example, Ft. Erwin, Ft, Polk, Ft. Bragg, National Training Center (NTC) in California, Fort AP Hill. All of which could have sufficed.
The American people need to voice their opinion on what is happening to our country. It’s disappointing to see that it takes the alternative media to showcase and inform the public on what is happening to and within our country. I would say that America needs to keep their eyes and ears open on this subject and get the word out.
JPRA Personnel Recovery
Jade Helm Presentation
PRESS RELEASE: Exercise readies SOF for threats abroad, March 24, 2015
UPDATED PRESS RELEASE: Exercise readies SOF for threats abroad, April 20, 2015
Military Exercises to be held in county
Jade Helm Canceled in Texas Counties (Goliad, Victoria) May 1, 2015
Big Spring landowners paid to accommodate Jade Helm, Says Mayor
Thomas Mead, JH15 Planner, LinkedIn Profile
Francisco Oquendo, JH15 Planner, LinkedIn profile
Mia Kelly, JH15 Planner, LinkedIn profile
Realistic Military Training (RMT) Off Federal Real Property – PDF Document